Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Like The Butterfly

The sun rose above the garden today,
The birds are singing and the children are at play.
I sit alone with a sad look on my face,
How I wish my life was different in this place.

I am the smallest of small and the slowest of slow,
I never get ahead and this everyone knows.
I have no friends, no family and no purpose it seems,
They point, they stare, and some even scream.
Oh how I wish someone could tell me what my life means.

I am not a worm, but I'm almost always on the ground.
I haven't traveled far, but I know there is more to this world than I have found.
Everyone is out to get me, and no one wants me around,
When I fall for once, I would love to have someone to pick me up from the ground.

Then I saw something to take me away from that sad place.
It was a butterfly floating with such beauty and grace.
Not a care in the world, not a worry in sight,
The color of it's wings, rubies, pearl and jade, seemed to dance in the light.
That could never be me, because with the Butterfly, everything in the world seemed right.

It was high and I was low,
It was beautiful and I, no one wanted to know.
What is the point of life if where the Butterfly went, I could never go?

Then it happened, in that very day.
I became tired, so in my bed did I lay.
My heart pounded and in my chest there was great pain,

"Could this be it?" I wondered, "Is this the end of my days?"
"It can't be!" I worried, "With my life, all I've done was complain."

Everything got quiet and all I could do was pray.
"If I can't be like the butterfly God, at least let me live to learn to love myself one more day."

I woke up in a prison of death, in a place tighter than any rope tied tight.
I could not move, I could not be heard, but I refused to give up without a fight.

I tossed and turned to reclaim what was once mine.
"My life matters!" I screamed, "I'm going to do it right this time!"
"I don't care how I look, I don't care what I do,
I know who I am on the inside, that much is true."
"I am kind, I am patient, I am friend to anyone in need.
I have nothing to lose and because of it I have no greed."
Please just give me the strength to succeed!"

Then it happened, I finally broke free.
But now, there was something very different about me.
I went to crawl but I began to fly,
I looked at the garden below me and all I could do was cry.
I never thought it was possible but who I wanted to be, I always was on the inside.
Who knew a lowly caterpillar would someday become a beautiful butterfly?


Jacob
















(Click on Title below and read yesterday's post)