Sunday, April 20, 2008

Breathe and Push

Change was taking place, something bright, something new.
A life was taking shape, but what is was, no one knew.

No one expected, no one prepared, just another day in another life.
Business as usual it seemed, until something wasn't right.

Sickness in the morning, a great hunger in the afternoon,
A change was taking place, that much, to her, unfortunately was true.

"What is going on with me? Why do I look and feel this way?"
"Life was better before this happened," that, she would always say.

"I'm tired, I'm angry, my feet and back hurt too."
"I can't sleep, I'm always moody and I don't know what to do."
"When will this nightmare end? Please God tell me, what did I ever do to you?"

"I'm not a bad person, so why should I suffer this way?"
"The only advice I seem to hear, is breathe and push when pain attacks my back and legs."

"I do not want this, I would rather die than live like this another day."
"Why should I push and prepare myself for anything that makes me feel this way?"

"I can't take it! I hate it! So one kill me, I mean it, the pain is too great!"
"Nothing is worth this torture I feel, this is all a big mistake!"

Then, in one breath, in one push, in one moment in time.
The pain was gone, the fight was over and then a babies cry.

"Oh my God, she's so beautiful," the mother said with grateful tears in her eyes.
She couldn't believe that after all that pain everything finally felt right.
Wrapped in a blanket, the baby slept as the Mother held her tight.
Her past forgotten, her anger gone, replaced by the joy and hope of having a new life.

We all go through difficult times. We all feel like our suffering will never end. We all wonder why it is we hurt the way we do. But when the pains of life come and you feel like you want to give up, just remember, you never know what may be waiting for you on the other side if you don't. So, hold on, take a breath, and push through. If you do this, you may just find that your present suffering is nothing compared to what God is about to reveal in you.

Jacob

No comments: